What is Christianity's "Thesis Statement"
28. We have been given a sacred trust and holy privilege to be a steward of the mysteries of God in music ministry. If our music does not square with the truth of God’s Word, it must be rejected and cannot be embraced as profitable for godliness, beneficial exhortation to the church or as an effectual proclamation of the gospel. Dare we take it flippantly? ( 1 Corinthians 4:1f; 2 Corinthians 4:5; 1 Thessalonians 2:13)
The State of the Christian Music Industry | essay-paper
20. Scripture speaks to all of life-therefore, our music may speak to every aspect of living. However, it must be based upon and not contrary to God’s Word in principle, ethic, content and conduct. ( 2 Timothy 3: 16-17; 2 Peter 1:3-4)
19. Theology (the Word of God) and doxology ( a word of glory, a note of praise, or a saying ascribing worth) are inseparable. As David says, “Thy statutes are my songs, in the house of my pilgrimage.” His Word is our music, His lawbook is our songbook, and His statutes are our songs. (Psalm 119: 54, 172)
Welcome to Thesis Statement Examples About Music …
Will we champion again the manifesto of the Reformers: Sola Fide (by faith alone); Sola Gratia (by grace alone); Sola Scriptura (on the Word alone); Solus Christus (because of Christ alone); and Soli Deo Gloria (to the Glory of God alone)? Do we have the conviction of heart and courage of mind to do what’s just? Do we have the boldness to shout above the roar of the marketplace that the Emperor has no clothes? Will we leave our careers, our contracts, our carefully cultivated plans and press releases, our unequally yoked record companies to serve the Lord again with all our heart, soul, mind and strength? There is no gray in this–it’s a matter of obedience.
Thesis Proposal: Example of Outline and Structure
34. Our Creator God has given us music-psalms, hymns and spiritual songs to use for praise and worship, the proclamation of His name and attributes, to teach and admonish one another unto holy living and to provide thanksgiving for His worth and works ( 1 Chr. 16:7-36)
essay writing music library expository essay thesis statement ..
35. Genuine Christian music has as its ultimate aim the glory of God. Anything less than this will at the end bear the fruit of self-glory and is music not honoring to the Lord. “Blessed is he who sings when no one is in the auditorium”-for that checks motive (Miller) (Psalms 18:1-6; 105:3)
Thesis statement for hiv aids essay by Bethany Jones - …
When Martin Luther stood at Wittenberg’s Door in the year 1517, he called for reformation from the recalcitrant Roman Church. Now is our turn, almost five centuries later, to sound the alarm in our generation. This time, to call the Christian Music Industry to reformation–back to the supremacy, sufficiency and Lordship of Jesus Christ. Genuine revival–a fresh return to obedience in Christ–is surely needed today, but that would be almost impossible given the current environment of our industry. Why? True revival is marked by repentance; true repentance brings restitution; true restitution demands that Christian music be owned and operated only by believers whose aim is the glory of God consistent with Biblical truth. This means that the current CCMI labels music return all the money they have received to their respective secular counterparts that purchased them and divorce alliances with them. The CCMI has gone too far down the wide road of worldliness and there is not the tenacity of character and the Biblical courage of heart and mind to do the right thing no matter what the cost.
Mississippi College | A Christian University
36. Music is used according to the Apostle Paul in Colossians 3:16 to encourage council, warn, correct, comfort and teach the Biblical truth. According to David in Chronicles 25:1-5 the Levites used music to prophesy, give thanks and praise to the Lord. It was music rendered in the house of the Lord for the service of the house of God.