Persuasive Essay Writing prompts and Template for Free
All writing has a rhetorical situation, which has five basic elements: the text (here, your essay), the author (you), the audience, the purpose of the communication, and the setting.
Persuasive essay writing help, ideas, topics, examples
• For example, you could start an essay on the necessity of pursuing alternative energy sources like this: “Imagine a world without polar bears.” This is a vivid statement that draws on something that many readers are familiar with and enjoy (polar bears).
Be authoritative and firm.
How to Write a Persuasive Essay
Interweave facts and references to back up your claims.
Whenever you make a claim or point that isn't common sense, you need to back it up.
Thesis Statement For Persuasive Essay
Add a rebuttal or counterargument.
Example: "Critics of a policy allowing students to bring snacks into the classroom say that it would create too much distraction, reducing students’ ability to learn.
A strong thesis statement is key to writing a persuasive essay
Here are the elements of persuasive essays:
• An introduction.
• Body paragraphs.
Drafting Your Essay
Choose a strong, defendable stance for your thesis statement.
Relegates minorities “helpless”.
Writing a Persuasive or Argumentative Thesis (in ..
Write your conclusion at the very end of your essay.
• How could this argument be applied to a broader context?
• Why does this argument or opinion mean something to me?
• What further questions has my argument raised?
• What action could readers take after reading my essay?