Plant Development-Introduction - Plant Cell Biology …
In all animal cell lines tested to date, even at five times the working concentration, no apparent adverse effect on cellular metabolism is observed.
Cell Wall Synthesis Inhibitors | Beta Lactamase | Penicillin
Numerous studies have shown that imiquimod also inhibits the growth of new blood vessels thanks to its antiangiogenic properties. It induces an increase in IL-10 and IL-12 levels, which inhibit angiogenesis, reduce cell production of proangiogenic factors (such as fibroblast growth factor and IL-8), inhibit vascular motility, and induce endothelial apoptosis. There is also evidence that imiquimod induces keratinocyte apoptosis, thereby favoring cytochrome C release and caspase 3 activation.
Mechanism of action of 5-fluorouracil (5-FU), which binds to and inhibits the enzyme thymidylate synthase (TS), thereby reducing DNA synthesis and cell proliferation and inducing cell death.
Inhibition of cell wall synthesis by sulfonamides and trimethoprim
Plasmocin™ is used to cure cell lines infected by mycoplasma and related cell wall-less bacteria.
Plasmocin™ can also be used as a routine addition in liquid media to prevent mycoplasma and more generally bacterial contamination in small and large animal cell cultures.
Chapter 6 inhibitors of cell wall synthesis - SlideShare
In contrast to other anti-mycoplasma compounds, Plasmocin™ is active on both free mycoplasmas and intracellular forms. This advantage is conferred by one component of Plasmocin™ which is actively transported into mammalian cells. It ensures that following treatment with Plasmocin™ a cell culture is not reinfected by mycoplasmas released from intracellular compartments of infected cells.
possess a cell wall composed ..
Plasmocin™ is also active at low concentrations on a broad range of Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria that are otherwise resistant to the mixture of streptomycin and penicillin, and exhibits no toxicity in eukaryotic cells.
Antibiotics That Inhibit Cell Wall Synthesis - …
Many cell lines infected by mycoplasmas have been successfully treated with Plasmocin™, including embryonic stem cells, hybridomas and retrovirus packaging cells.
What are the inhibitors of cell wall synthesis
1. Uphoff CC et al., 2012. Treatment of mycoplasma contamination in cell cultures with Plasmocin. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2012:267678.
2. Rongvaux A et al., 2014. Development and function of human innate immune cells in a humanized mouse model. Nat Biotechnol. 32(4):364-72.
3. Baronti C. et al., 2013. Mycoplasma removal: simple curative methods for viral supernatants. J Virol Methods. 187(2):234-7
4. Deng F. et al. 2012. Generation of induced pluripotent stem cells from human Tenon's capsule fibroblasts. Mol Vis. 18:2871-81
5. Romorini L. et al, 2013. Effect of antibiotics against Mycoplasma sp. on human embryonic stem cells undifferentiated status, pluripotency, cell viability and growth. PLoS One. 8(7):e70267