FPGA | Field Programmable Gate Array | Logic Synthesis
Synplify Premier software provides all of the features of Synplify Pro as well as a comprehensive suite of tools for advanced FPGA design.
- Incremental, block-based and bottom-up flows for consistent results from one run to the next
- Automatic compile points incremental flow for up to 4x faster runtime while maintaining QoR
- Accelerated runtimes with support for up to 4 processors
- Scripting and Tcl/Find support for flow automation and customizable synthesis, debug and reporting
- Optimal area and timing results using FPGAs from Achronix, Altera, Lattice, Microsemi, Xilinx
- Hierarchical team design flow allowing parallel and/or geographically distributed design development
- Comprehensive language support including Verilog, VHDL, SystemVerilog, VHDL-2008 and mixed-language design
- FSM Compiler and FSM Explorer for automatic extraction and optimization of finite state machines from RTL
- Graphical state machine viewer to automatically create bubble diagrams for debugging and documenting FSMs
- Automatic memory and DSP inference provides automatic implementation of a design with optimal area, power and timing quality of results
- Incremental static timing for analysis allows updates to timing exception constraints with immediate visibility into results, without re-synthesis
- HDL Analyst interactive graphical analysis and debug tool for design diagnosis, problem isolation and functional and performance analysis
gate logic synthesis - FPGA Groups
The design flow for a physical synthesis tool is shown in Figure 1 works in the following manner. Logic synthesis tools use algorithms such as logic replication that replicates high-fanout logic or retime registers in long logic paths for improved performance. The physical synthesis tool differs from logic synthesis tools by using accurate delays and accurate information to optimize the critical paths using similar algorithms. Logic synthesis tools relay more on global delay estimates, while physical synthesis tools use more accurate delays.
It provides basic instruction on how to setup, design, and build digital logic circuits using a low cost FPGA board and the Xilinx Integrated Synthesis Environment (ISE).
FPGA Logic Synthesis Using Quantified Boolean …
Synthesis can be done by the FPGA vendor's (free or non-free) software, but can also be done by third-party (non-free) software like .Doing the synthesis using a third-party software usually yields better-optimized netlists (put more and/or faster logic into your FPGAs).
25/12/2014 · What is logic synthesis
Mentor is the first EDA synthesis provider to offer physical synthesis support for Virtex-6 and Spartan-6 designs. Its push-button physical synthesis capability works in conjunction with the new Xilinx ISE Design Suite 11.2 to provide superior Quality-of-Results (QoR). Designers can also leverage Precision’s industry-leading SystemVerilog and mixed language support to implement their designs for Virtex-6 and Spartan-6 FPGAs. During the implementation cycle, customers with large designs can reduce run time by utilizing Precision’s unique automatic incremental synthesis and its integration with Xilinx SmartCompile technology.
Click here for an excellent document on Synthesis What is FPGA
Each cell can do little, but with lots of them connected together, complex logic functions can be created.The interconnect wires also go to the boundary of the device where I/O cells are implemented and connected to the pins of the FPGAs.In addition to general-purpose interconnect resources, FPGAs have fast dedicated lines in between neighboring logic cells.
Optimality Study of Logic Synthesis for LUT-Based FPGAs
Virtex-6 and Spartan-6 FPGAs offer over 200% more logic capacity and greater than 300% increase in register density as compared to previous generations. “The latest additions to the Xilinx device portfolio provide faster performance at lower cost and with reduction in power consumption,” said Daniel Platzker, product line director, Mentor Graphics Design and Synthesis Division. “Thanks to the joint effort with Xilinx, Precision Synthesis was enhanced to take advantage of Xilinx’s latest silicon architecture, accelerating the time to market of our mutual customers.”