Medical Definition of Albinism, hemorrhagic diathesis …
Diathesis: In medicine, a "diathesis" is anelegant term for a predisposition or tendency. Thus, a hemorrhagic diathesis is nothingmore than a bleeding tendency. The word "diathesis" is Greek.
Medical Dictionary for "Diathesis"
Additional treatment by a physician specialized in respiratory medicine may be medically necessary as well, for any of the following reasons:
- Recurrent, severe exacerbations
- Complicating accompanying illnesses such as COPD or gastroesophageal reflux disorder
- Inadequate therapeutic benefit despite maximal treatment
- Maintenance therapy with oral corticosteroids
- Possible occupationally induced asthma
- Worsening control of asthma during pregnancy.
Conflict of interest statement
The medications used for these purposes belong to two groups:
- Relievers (medications taken for symptomatic relief as necessary) include mainly the inhaled, rapidly-acting beta2 sympathomimetic agents, e.g., the short-acting drugs salbutamol, fenoterol, and terbutaline and the long-acting drug formoterol.
diathetic | Taber's Medical Dictionary
Below is a selected list of definitions of various medical, surgical, pharmacological and anatomical words used throughout this Wiki. Consider using the search box on the left of the screen as there are thousands of word definitions already in this wiki and this is far more efficient than using traditional index methods.
Diathesis Hemorrhagic | Medical Dictionary Search Tool
Inhaled anticholinergic drugs and rapidly-acting theophylline (solution or drops) play a secondary role as relievers.
- Controllers (medications used for preventive, maintenance therapy) include the inhaled corticosteroids (ICS), inhaled long-acting beta2 agonists (LABA) such as formoterol or salmeterol, montelukast, and delayed-release theophylline preparations.
Formoterol can be used as a reliever because of its rapid onset of action or as a controller in combination with corticosteroids.
The undesired adverse effects that these medications can produce are listed in the e-box ( ).
The anti-asthmatic drugs have been re-evaluated in the new GINA recommendations (), as follows:
- Inhaled long-acting beta2 sympathomimetic agents (LABA), such as formoterol and salmeterol, should not be used for asthma monotherapy, but must always be given in combination with adequate doses of ICS.
Rhexis | definition of rhexis by Medical dictionary
See more.In medicine , bleeding diathesis (h(a)emorrhagic diathesis) is an unusual susceptibility to bleed mostly due to hypocoagulability, in turn caused by a coagulopathy (a What does diathesis mean?
MedTerms Medical Dictionary A-Z List - A on …
a morbid habit which predisposes to a particular disease, or class of diseases.Diathesis | definition of diathesis by Medical dictionaryLooking for online definition of diathesis in the Medical Dictionary?